Electric fireplaces are a type of gas insert that is designed to be installed within an existing masonry cavity or fireplace. Electric fireplaces use the existing chimney as structure to run venting for the unit. Electric fireplaces are typically a lower cost option compared to a zero-clearance renovation, or replacement of your existing masonry fireplace. Electric fireplaces provide the look of a traditional fireplace with the convenience of not having to deal with smoke, ashes, or soot. Electric fireplaces are also available in a variety of styles and colors to match any home décor.
The Top 5 Reasons to Install a Gas Fireplace Insert in Your Home
A gas fireplace insert is a great way to improve the look of your home while also providing a source of heat. Not only that, but a gas fireplace insert is also much more efficient than a traditional wood-burning fireplace. If you’re on the fence about whether or not to install a gas fireplace insert in your home, here are the top five reasons to do it:
1. Efficiency: Gas fireplaces are up to 99% efficient, meaning that almost all of the heat produced by the fire goes into your home instead of up the chimney. Traditional wood-burning fireplaces, on the other hand, are only about 10-20% efficient. That means that for every $100 you spend on heating bills, a wood-burning fireplace will only actually heat your home for $10-$20.
2. Maintenance: Gas fireplaces don’t produce any ashes or smoke, so there’s no need to worry about cleaning out the chimney or dealing with any soot or ash buildup in your home. Wood-burning fireplaces, on the other hand, require regular maintenance in order to prevent soot and ash buildup, as well as to prevent dangerous fires from starting in your chimney.
3. Cost savings: Because they’re so much more efficient than wood-burning fireplaces, gas fireplaces can save you a significant amount of money on your heating bills each year—up to 40% according to some estimates.
4. Increase home value: Because they’re such an attractive and desirable feature, having a gas fireplace insert installed in your home can increase its resale value by as much as 10%.
5. Improve appearance: In addition to being more efficient and easier to maintain, gas fireplaces also offer a wide variety of design options that can be used to enhance the look of your home décor—from sleek and modern designs to more traditional looks.
If you’re thinking about installing a gas fireplace insert in your home, there are plenty of good reasons to do it—from saving money on heating bills to increasing the resale value of your home. So what are you waiting for? Contact a professional today and start enjoying the benefits of owning a gas fireplace insert!